Date: October 23
Venue: Terrassa Chamber of Commerce
Our trade advisor has presented business opportunities in Central Asia to the members of Terrassa Chamber of Commerce.
The emerging market of Kazakhstan with its stable and dynamic economic growth, rich resources and favourable business environment attracts more companies and businesses. Particularly, the growth of interest to this region is seen in Spain.
The LHI speaker, Ms. Alexandra Knysheva, has revealed the details of business potential of the region, explained opportunities and peculiarities of doing business in Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan.
Read an article in a Catalan newspaper
Event: Business matchmaking program
Dates: October 22-24
Client: Evita Peroni
Project: Partner search and meeting program arrangement; representation of interests and participation in negotiations; advising in final decision making; follow-up.
Description: Evita Peroni is a world-known fashion accessories brand with unique concept stores in almost 40 countries around the world.
Result: Evita Peroni has signed a master-franchise agreement with a Kazakh company. The brand shops to be opened in the top malls of Kazakhstan shortly.
Date: June 2013
Client: Hydroswiss, OSEC
Project: Market report, partner search
Sector: Environment (wastewater treatment)
Event: Business matchmaking program for the members of Terrassa Chamber of Commerce
Dates: April 29-30, 2013
Venue: International Hotel Tashkent
Population - 16,9 mln
Gross Export (Jan.-Dec. 2012) — $ 85.4 billion
Gross Import (Jan.-Dec. 2012) — $ 26.8 billion
Inflation rate (Jan. 2013 to Jan. 2012) — 6.6%
Growth rate of sectors of the national economy (volume index)
(January-December 2012 to January-December 2011)
Industry - 100,5 %
Agriculture - 82,2 %
Construction - 102,9 %
Trade - 114,6 %
Transport - 107,2 %
Communication - 109,6 %
*Source: The Agency of Statistics of the Republic of Kazakhstan, January 2012
- Growing middle class. The middle class in Kazakhstan is now a large and strong group like never before.
- Stable political situation. Stability, peace and tolerance — the three major values in the course of the government. Kazakhstan is a secular state, it has two official languages – Kazakh and Russian. And it has more than 150 nationalities leaving together in peace for years and centuries.
- Foreigner-friendly attitude. This refers not only to peace and security for different nations. It also involves attractive conditions for foreign investment – there are also no serious obstacles to import, to opening a foreign office, living in the country, etc.
- Diversification of economy. For years oil and natural resources were the only mover of Kazakhstan economy. Now, when the course to diversification is set, there are plenty of new opportunities. The government is facilitating diversification and Kazakhstan offers amazing conditions for opening and expanding business in various sectors.
- Public-Private projects. PPP are sponsored both by government and development banks (EBRD, World Bank, etc.): environment, medicine and public health, public transport, education, agriculture — almost in any sphere you can find strong support from the government.
- The door to Central Asia. Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan – entering Kazakhstan is the first step towards investigation and penetration of these markets without high risks.
Doing Business in Kazakhstan, useful links:
Doing business in Kazakhstan, International Finance Corporation report
Doing business in Kazakhstan, Baker & McKenzie report
Official website of the Agency of Statistics of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Official website of the National Bank of Kazakhstan
Official website of the Customs Control Committee, Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Kazakhstan